Thursday, March 10, 2011
Face #147 "Sleep Walking"
Last night I slept walked. How do I know that I unconsciously got out of bed and walked around my apartment? The evidence is all here: my pedometer that monitors my tosses and turns while sleeping recorded 346 steps last night, also my computer had a picture of Tom Selleck pulled up from IMDB and my cell phone was not where I left it when I went to bed. Either someone (or aliens) are fucking with me or I had quite an adventure while sleeping last night. This is not the first time I have done this. As a child, my parents would tell me stories of me walking into my their room and asking them inaudible questions. About 6 months ago, I woke up to me sitting cross legged on the floor with my fan from my night stand completely taken apart and a screwdriver in my hand. I do not remember any of this, and every time I go to put on that fan, it does not work correctly, reminding me that my sleep walking has gone to new heights. Here is my sleep walking face and my face when I wake up realizing I have taken apart my pottery barn fan.
1. Sleep Walking (I assume my eyes are closed)
2. Waking up (coming to consciousness)
3. Initial shock of finding the silver pottery barn fan deconstructed in front of me
4. Disbelief, confusion and the realization that I'm holding a screwdriver
5. The realization that I've slept walked and taken apart my fan
Please understand that I don't take sleeping aides like Ambien.